Blog and social media content strategy ideas for February
When it comes to February holidays, Valentine’s Day sort of takes the crown (sorry, President’s Day). You can’t walk into a department store without being inundated with pink and red marketing, boxed chocolate sales, and rows of romantic greeting cards.
But after the day is over and the chocolate goes on sale (one of my favorite parts…), what else is there to look forward to? The department stores have already moved on to St. Patrick’s and Easter, or summer, but there are so many ways you can stay in the present and entertain your blog readers, social media followers, and customers.
Whether you’re developing your social media content strategy for February, are looking for some fun new blog topics to write about, or need a reminder about what people are celebrating in the shortest month of the year…
Here are 28 blog and social media topics to write about in February:
Seasonal and Monthly Celebration Themes
- Heart Health (It’s American Heart month)
- Black History Month
- Children’s Dental Health Month
- Children’s Mental Health Week
- Winter Olympics
- Eating Disorder Awareness (check out NEDA for resources)
- Mardi Gras
- International Friendship Week
Traditional and New National Holidays and Celebrations
BONUS: In 2020, Don’t forget there’s a leap year day (Feb. 29) and Super Bowl Sunday on Feb. 2!
- Feb. 1: National Dark Chocolate Day
- Feb. 2: Groundhog Day
- Feb. 2: Candlemas (Christian-specific)
- Feb. 4: World Cancer Day
- Feb. 5: World Nutella Day
- Feb. 6: Bob Marley’s Birthday
- Feb. 7: National Wear Red Day (women’s heart disease awareness)
- Feb. 9: National Pizza Day
- Feb. 11: National Guitar Day
- Feb. 12: Abraham Lincoln’s Birthday
- Feb. 13: Galentine’s Day (started from the show “Parks and Rec” but it’s actually caught on)
- Feb. 14: Valentine’s Day
- Feb. 17: President’s Day (2020)
- Feb. 17: Random Acts of Kindness Day
- Feb. 20: National Love Your Pet Day
- Feb. 22: National Margarita Day
- Feb. 25: Mardi Gras (2020)
- Feb. 27: International Polar Bear Day
- Feb. 27: National Chili Day
Have more ideas? Share them in the comments below!
Need blogging advice? Contact me.